Saturday, 3 November 2012

Remarkable

It is utterly remarkable how capable we are of adapting. Of change, of improvement. Things that once seemed impossible, improbable and intangible are suddenly the norm, thanks to an ounce of conviction. Once we realise we do have control and choice, we can do so much more than we ever thought to initially.

Anything & Everything. Something I've been applying recently, a notion that keeps my personal demons at bay. You want something that badly? You need it? It's a daily struggle to keep focused, to keep rallying, to create logic out of fear. In battle, you can't lose concentration for even a second, or else you might not survive to regret it. I figure, when in a state of constant and acknowledged naivety all you can really do is power through until you either fly or fall. As long as you have those people around you, either outcome will be rectifiable.

I hate how much doubt and fear of loss/rejection/failure causes so many adventures to be overlooked. Despair thrives on it, in negativity, and once it's there it's like a disease that spreads and flourishes. The notion of adventure sends electricity through my soul, because it feels like a reason or a direction. An illogical certainty that comes from beyond me, that I can't change, only accept or discard. Adventure, I've discovered, can take many forms. It can be on the other side of the world, hidden in the streets by you home, or just sitting on a familiar sofa.

It's incredible how resilient we are. The human determination to stride on, to survive, even if survival means any of those things we fear. This in itself is empowering. The fact that survival trumps all, therefore determination and braveness can often be the initial cure to all of those little strikes and blows. We cure. We heal. We amble on into the definite unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment