Thursday, 2 December 2010

A few little tid bits:



1. There's a fairly girly and ancient poem by Sara Teasdale called "The Look." Found it in one of those books that smell old called "Gay Yet Wistful."
Strephon kissed me in the Spring,
Robin in the fall,
But Colin only looked at me
And never kissed at all.

Strephon's kiss was lost in jest,
Robin's lost in play,
But the kiss in Colin's eyes
Haunts me night and day.

2. I'm reading a book called Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. If not for the story, which is true and incredible, read this for the quality of writing. If I can ever write as impeccably as Roberts, I'll die happy.

3. When feeling like your feet are a little too far away from the ground, listen to a classic - Vienna, by Billy Joel. I find it's a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment